Do you want new experiences or your car is outdated and you want to change it? You are interested in many questions: how to quickly sell a car, how to carry out your plan safely and as profitably as possible, how to avoid a number of problems (where to place an ad, how to prepare a car for sale, what price to indicate, how to protect yourself from possible scammers, etc.)?
We present to your attention some useful tips from the area “How to sell a car the right way”.
Where to sell a car?
So you've decided to sell your used car. And, of course, you want everything to go quickly, as profitably as possible and without problems. You have several options:
1. Sell the car on the so-called "car market" through resellers. Undoubtedly, this method will allow you to sell your car quickly enough, but in this case, no one is immune from unscrupulous buyers. The prospect of being left without a car and without money hardly appeals to anyone. Therefore, before deciding where to sell a car, consider the option with the car market doubly carefully.
2. Alternatively, you can start looking for a new owner for your iron "horse" among friends or by placing an ad on the Internet. But then you need to be prepared for the fact that this process will give you a lot of worries, take a lot of time and implies certain risks associated with fraud.
3. The safest and most effective option is to contact the department of used cars, which exists at almost every Dealer Center in Moscow. In this case, you will be offered a free assessment of your car, will be given the opportunity to make a full technical inspection and will give a real assessment of the condition of the car. Also, you will be offered the highest possible price for your car in accordance with its technical condition, and you will be protected from unnecessary hassle associated with finding a buyer. Thus, you will be protected from worries and worries, from long and rather laborious paperwork, from possible fraud options.
How to find a buyer?
In order for your car to find its new owner, you need to inform potential buyers that you are putting your "iron horse" up for sale.
It is possible to notify the public in several ways:
- You can use the so-called "word of mouth" by calling all your friends and acquaintances. But this process will take a long time and there is a high probability that such a search will not be successful;
- The next way is to post ads on special bulletin boards in the district where you live. But even here you cannot avoid serious time costs, which are unlikely to be crowned with success;
- You can place an advertisement for the sale on your car. But even here there are no guarantees that a new owner of your car will be found as quickly as you would like;
- one of the most effective ways is to place an ad in specialized publications and Internet resources. However, for this you need to be well-versed in the Internet space and have a lot of free time (since you will have to communicate with many potential buyers). No one is immune from fraud in such a situation;
- the most reliable way to sell your car in a short time and without unnecessary worries is to resort to the services of professionals working in car dealerships. You do not have to work on compiling the text of an advertisement, think about where and how to publish it, waste time on negotiations and meetings, be afraid of scammers and be nervous - professional employees of used car / trade-in departments will solve all questions and possible problems for you and thereby make the process of selling a car quick and comfortable.
How to prepare a car for sale?
Most often, the operation of the car does not go unnoticed. During operation, both the appearance and the condition of the internal parts and mechanisms of the car deteriorate, which can significantly reduce its cost.
As a rule, a potential buyer necessarily conducts a thorough inspection of the car and, often, requires verification by specialists. Therefore, in order to sell a car at an adequate price, it is necessary to carry out its comprehensive diagnostics, which includes:
- checking all electrical equipment (alarm system, central locking, dipped / main beam headlights, audio system, power windows, air conditioning, etc.)
- suspension check;
- transmission check;
- checking the brake system;
- Checking the engine.
Also, for a potential buyer, the appearance of the car is important. A decisive role in making a purchase decision is played not only by a clean body, but also by the condition of the paintwork. If there is any damage, they must be repaired before sale.
Thus, the pre-sale preparation of a car requires a lot of time and financial investments, because in order to identify shortcomings, and even more so to eliminate them, you will have to turn to specialists.
In the case of selling a car through the "trade-in" system, you will be spared from unnecessary troubles and costs. Professional specialists will conduct pre-sale preparation at the proper level.
Not only a comprehensive diagnosis of the internal parts and mechanisms of the car will be carried out, but also measurements of the paintwork will be carried out, which will help to identify whether the car was damaged in an accident, which parts were replaced. If there are significant defects in the body, the body will be painted or polished (depending on the intensity of the damage).
After a comprehensive diagnostics and pre-sale preparation carried out by professionals, an inspection sheet is issued, which indicates the indicators of the car's condition. This document will serve as a guarantee for the buyer of the reliability of the purchased car and will be another strong argument in favor of you as a seller and your car as a product.
How to write an advertisement for the sale of a car?
After carrying out the necessary pre-sale procedures, which were discussed in previous articles, it's time to prepare an advertisement for the sale of a car.
At first glance, this is a simple task that does not require special frills. But on the other hand, why do some ads receive a large number of requests, while others do not cause a reaction from potential buyers?
The secret is simple: it is necessary that a potential buyer could get the maximum information of interest from your ad. But this does not mean that you are required to write a long memoir about the life of the car. You just need four structured items in your ad:
In this paragraph, we recommend that you indicate in detail the following data: make, model, year of manufacture, mileage, gearbox, drive, engine size, cubic meters. see, engine type, body type, body color, interior color, presence / absence of a guarantee, number of owners, location of the car (i.e. where a potential buyer will have to go / or indicate that you are ready to drive up to show the car yourself at a convenient for a potential buyer place).
Equipment Here it is necessary to indicate in detail the equipment that is included in the vehicle's equipment (for example, anti-lock braking system (ABS), on-board computer, alarm system, etc.).
3. Car photos
Competent visualization in this case can also speed up the process of finding a buyer. But, in order to achieve the desired effect, it is necessary that the photos be of high quality, corresponding to the season of sale (photos of cars against the background of snowdrifts, look quite funny when sold in the summer season), they must also be attractive from an aesthetic point of view (at least the car on them must be clean and not stand in front of garbage cans).
Several photographs are required and each of them should show the car from different angles. Color reproduction is also of great importance.
4. Additional information.
This item is optional, but if it is in your ad, it will increase the chances that the ad will stand out from the crowd.
Here we recommend that you specify in detail the information of such a plan as: the presence of additional equipment, what kind of pre-sale preparation was carried out, the presence of additional decorative elements (airbrushing, stickers, etc.), glass tinting. In general, it is necessary to paint all the details that, in your opinion, are advantages.
BUT, in case of defects, it is also not worth keeping silent about this fact. The location and nature of the damage/defects must be briefly and clearly stated. This will save you and the potential buyer from unsuccessful meetings, during which initially unannounced details are clarified and the potential buyer begins to aggressively reduce the price or leaves without a purchase.
Thus, the rules for creating a competent, effective advertisement for the sale of a car are simple: maximum information about the car, structure and good visualization.
Precautions when selling a car.
Suppose all the stages of pre-sale preparation have been completed, the necessary package of documents has been collected and a potential buyer has been found. The final stage - making a deal - is no less difficult and responsible stage than the previous ones.
In order to complete the process of selling your car successfully and without problems, we advise you to follow a few simple rules:
If the car suits the potential buyer in all respects, but he asks for a timeout to make a final decision - for your peace of mind, ask for a deposit. Usually the amount of the deposit is 5-10%, but not less than $100, and in case the buyer refuses to buy, it remains with you as compensation for the penalty.
Upon receipt of the deposit, you need to write a receipt on receipt of money from the buyer. Here it is worth noting that the receipt indicates exactly “deposit”, and not “advance payment” or “prepayment”, since other types of advance payment (except for the deposit) are subject to return to the buyer.
2. Meeting place
It is better to arrange a meeting for the completion of the transaction during daylight hours, in a crowded, familiar place. It is advisable to arrive at the meeting place half an hour before the appointed time and inspect it - if there are any suspicious people or other factors that confuse you. If something seems suspicious to you, it is safer to leave the area immediately.
Perhaps the buyer will want to make a diagnosis of the car. This is a natural desire when buying a used car and it is his right. However, here you have the right to demand that diagnostics be carried out at the expense of the buyer. You also have the right to refuse a trip to an unknown service located somewhere outside the city and insist on carrying out diagnostics at an official service center or invite the buyer to come to a meeting with his specialist.
For your safety, it would be wise to ask one of your friends or relatives to come with you to hand over the car and money. It is desirable that your companion was also in a car, so that you can safely and safely leave with the money.
3. Transfer of the car - receipt of money
Care must be taken to ensure that you are not deceived at the stage of transferring money and processing documents. All operations must be carried out in the presence of a witness - ideally, this should be a familiar lawyer, lawyer.
Until the buyer returns the money for the car, do not demonstrate the location and features of the anti-theft systems.
If you receive payment in cash, in order to exclude the possibility of receiving counterfeit money, it is necessary to carry out a procedure in one of the bank branches, where you can ask employees to promptly check the cash for authenticity.
The safest money transfer options include:
1. Use of a safe deposit box. In this case, with you, the buyer puts money into it, and you will be able to access the cell only if you have the necessary documents that you will have in your hands after the transaction is completed. The buyer, however, does not have the right to access the safe deposit box (the exact information on the list of necessary documents for accessing the safe deposit box must be clarified in advance at the bank);
2. The second secure way to transfer funds is to transfer them to your personal account. In this case, the risks are also minimal for both you and the buyer, because the money will be transferred by the bank from the buyer's account to your account only after you present the necessary documents on the sale of the car (the exact information on the list of necessary documents for using this service must be clarified in advance in the bank).
, the following tips may be no less useful:
- do not deceive the buyer, provide him with a complete picture of the condition of the car - this is one of the main rules in the used car market. If after the transaction the buyer finds shortcomings and malfunctions, he will have the right to initiate a lawsuit against you.
- do not forget to remove your advertisement for the sale of a car from the resources (websites, newspapers, etc.) where you submitted it. Otherwise, calls from potential buyers will bother you for about a month